- For the text, I want the title to contrast with the background and make it very noticeable. This can be seen on the LaLaLand poster I have included.
- I want to access the target audience with a picture of Dawn (a side profile head shot) because a picture of the character is enough to intrigue without giving much away. I found this with posters such as LadyBird and To the Bone. Also, it can be very telling to have a face on the poster because the expression sets the atmosphere of the film. (If they are smiling it may be a comedy, if they are crying it will probably be sad) Dawn's expression is blank, so this is interesting and slightly confusing.
- I want the layout to be a classic film poster template style, with the title and actors at the top and reviews and all people involved with the film at the bottom. I wanted the picture of Dawn coming from the left hand side and looking towards the right - this is the typical way to have a side profile shot.
- I want the colour to contrast; and I want pink and bronze tones. The pink will match with the teacup (the main piece of iconography) and the bronze will match our filter and the main colour our film is.
- I want the key image to be Meabh, preferably holding the teacup to interest the viewer. I want natural light shining on Meabh. Often light shining on a subject can have divine undertones, or supernatural ones and it usually means beauty. I want minimal makeup on Meabh and for the photo to be a raw depiction of her
- I want white light coming through a window; white light symbolises a higher self, a change in you. I want to manipulate the setting, bouncing light and to experiment with where it looks best.
Tuesday, 24 April 2018
FILM POSTER PLANS
I looked at lots of posters on Pinterest to inspire me and help me in my brainstorming for a poster for our group. I found that I preferred and was more drawn to posters with a headshot on them, they intrigued me because they involve people and stories. I came up with a list of things that I definitely wanted on the poster and made a list.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment